It's important to learn about what mold is and where it thrives. Every kind of mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is dangerous to people is relatively rare in the fungus world, meaning most kinds aren't harmful. However, some molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be mitigated and completely removed.
You should consider contacting these mold remediation services White Bear Lake MN companies even if you see less mold than that. This is because if you see mold growth, there is probably hidden mold trapped in drywall and crevices and elsewhere.
Before you contact mold damage repair technicians, the first step is to prevent the mold from getting worse. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Then, work to stop the moisture source that supplied the mold. For instance, make sure damaged roofs are no longer getting into your ceiling and stop the flow of any moisture that has penetrated your basement. The next step is to contain the problem in as small an area as possible. You could tape off the area with plastic sheeting, for instance.
Should you get a mold removal service to help or can you complete it on your own? Beyond thinking about the magnitude of the damage, consider any exacerbating health concerns that make you susceptible to becoming sick.
Once you've selected a solution, there are important steps to take. If you're going at it alone, get started with gathering the right equipment and clothing. You'll need airtight goggles, clothing items that are easy to clean and that cover your extremities, a mold-safe mask and mold-approved gloves that reach at least to your forearms. You should also get new disposable rags and a disposable tarp or two that can help trap the mold you get off. Mold removal specialists agree that you should not leave unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere you find it because it can't be cleaned thoroughly.
If you're concerned enough about mold problems to do online research, you will want certified a professional mold removal service. It is highly recommended that you choose these companies in your geographic location, so call for if you live there. Doing this will ensure that you hire technicians with enough experience.
Before you hire anyone, check that they are certified properly and that they are certified by organizations such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.
You need to mitigate any mold growth you find to prevent further toxicity risk, and do it right away. If not, parasitic fungi will keep eating on your home or business and can ruin your possessions. Some types of mold, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health risks ranging from brain damage. Mycotoxins can be particularly dangerous for infants, children, and anyone with a compromised immune system such as people with AIDS/HIV or lupus.
The safest way to solve your mold damage is to get professional mold damage assistance. Don't wait another minute.