One of the toughest moments that a parent must endure is dropping their young child off at day care. It is impossible not to think about this child throughout the workday. There are, however, a small number of items you can try to simplify the early child development programs Draper Ut process.
Before Your Decision
- Set Up a Visit: There is a wide spectrum of day care facilities, from clean and spacious to filthy and outdated. Take a good look inside to eliminate surprises in the future. You'll also want to get to know the day care instructors.
- Verify Accreditation: Make sure that the day care provider you select is keeping up with the latest standards. The the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC), and the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) are three accrediting organization to look for.
- Check Adult-to-Child Ratio: To be successful, there can't be more children at a day care facility than what their staff can take care of. A ratio of four kids per adult is suitable for infants, while ten children per adult is the standard for age 4.
After Your Decision
- Schedule Meetings: Schedule regular appointments with the day care staff. This will supply a chance to ask questions about your child's behavior patterns, what they are learning, and what is happening at the facility.
- Volunteer: Volunteer opportunities are always welcome at day care organizations. This doesn't only mean watching children. There is also a need for parents to come on the weekend to clean or repair the facility.
- It's OK to Change Your Mind: If you have a change of heart about the day care center you have chosen, it's your right to choose a new one. Your child's well-being is too important for a difficult conversation to get in the way.